The two valve types that Bharat Fittings and Valves, a well-known company in India, specialises in are gate valves and conduit gate valves. To select the appropriate valve for a particular application, it is crucial to understand the differences between these two types of valves. Let’s look more closely at the characteristics and variations between conduit gate valves and gate valves from Bharat Fittings and Valves:
1) Valves for gates:
A gate valve, also called a linear motion valve, regulates fluid flow by raising or lowering a gate or wedge-shaped disc inside the valve body. They provide a tight shutdown when fully closed and a straight-through flow channel when fully opened.
• Sliding Gate: Gate valves include a sliding gate mechanism to regulate fluid flow.
• Full Flow Passage: When fully opened, gate valves offer an unrestricted flow passage, causing a little pressure reduction.
• Gate valves are designed to allow “bi-directional flow,” or fluid movement in both directions.
• Outstanding Shutoff: When gate valves are closed, they provide a tight seal that minimises leakage.
• Oil and Gas Sector: Gate valves are often used for isolation and control purposes in pipelines, refineries, and petrochemical plants.
• In water treatment plants, gate valves are crucial for controlling water flow and maintaining system efficacy. In heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, gate valves are used to regulate fluid flow and temperature.
2) Conduit gate valves:
Sluice valves, also known as conduit gate valves, are designed specifically to regulate flow in conduits or pipelines. They operate a rising stem mechanism that moves the gate vertically to open or close the valve. Conduit Gate Valves Manufacturers in India have the following distinct features and applications:
• Rising Stem: A rising stem mechanism forces the stem of a conduit gate valve to rise when it is opened.
• Wedge-shaped gates are a common feature of conduit gate valves, which improve sealing and fluid control.
• Non-Rising Stem Option: Some conduit gate valves have a non-rising stem design, which prevents the stem from sticking out past the valve body when the Gate Valves Manufacturers in India is in operation.
• Water Distribution Systems: Conduit gate valves are often used in water supply networks to manage pipeline segments and control water flow.
• Irrigation Systems: To control the water flow to different farms or locations, Bharat Fittings and Valves are used in agricultural irrigation systems.
• Wastewater Management: Conduit gate valves are used in wastewater treatment plants to control the flow of wastewater during various treatment processes.
Gate valves for conduit and for gates
- Conduit gate valves and gate valves for gates have the same goal of controlling flow, however they differ greatly in the following ways:
- Design: While gate valves have a sliding gate that slides horizontally, conduit gate valves have a rising stem mechanism with a wedge-shaped gate.
- Gate valves have a linear motion stem that travels up or down, whereas conduit gate valves have a rising stem that moves vertically.
- In order to provide visual confirmation of the valve’s position, gate valves frequently incorporate a stem that is visible from the outside of the valve body. Conduit gate valves may have a non-rising stem design, in which the stem does not extend past the valve body.
- Applications: A few fields where gate valves are often utilised are oil and gas, water treatment, and HVAC systems. Water transport, irrigation, and wastewater management are some of the uses for conduit gate valves.
Bharat Fittings and Valves offers both gate valves and conduit gate valves, each with special features and applications. gating devices Across a variety of industries, flow control is versatile and commonly employed. Contrarily, conduit Gate Valves Manufacturers in India are designed specifically to regulate the movement of pipelines in water distribution, irrigation, and wastewater management systems. When industries are aware of the distinctions between various valve types, they can choose the appropriate valve for their particular needs.